- This gadget has a hardwired or plugged installation. – 8.3kW (40A, 208V) / 9.6kW (40A, 240V) / 10kW (48A, 208V) / 11.5kW (48A, 240V) (NEMA 14-50P with 11” cable compliant with 2017 NEC Section 625.17(A)(3), and up to 48A hardwired NEMA Type 14-50P). Requires a 60A+ dual-pole breaker for a 48A charge or a 50A+ twin-pole breaker for a 40A charge. Installing a NEMA Plug or hardwiring your installation requires the assistance of a qualified electrician.
- While this EV charger isn’t UL certified, it has been designed to meet the safety standards set forth by the following international bodies: NEC 625, SAE J1772, UL 817, UL 991, UL 2231, and UL 2594. It may be set up indoors or outside. Your charger will stay dry and free from the elements thanks to a NEMA Type 4 waterproof casing. Check with your local utility company to see if there are incentives and rebates in your area before you buy. Covered by a 3-year warranty (including orders on evadept.com).
- The default charge rate for a level 2 EV charger is 40A. You’ll need WiFi Internet access to change the charge rate. To limit charging while peak demand is high and to recharge when your system generates more solar energy, connect an Emporia Vue smart home energy monitor to the system.
- To keep track of energy use and charging sessions, you’ll need a 2.4 GHz wireless network with an internet connection. The app allows you to schedule charging. Easily adjust the settings to handle changing utility rates.
- The charger is compatible with all manner of electric vehicles. It’s compatible with Audi e-tron and other EVs with the SAE J1772 standard (adaptor required for Tesla EVs). Integrated cable management and a 24′ cable are included.