Jaguar’s Electrifying Move with Tesla Jaguar, the iconic British automaker, has made a monumental move by joining hands with Tesla. This partnership promises Jaguar’s future electric vehicle enthusiasts a ticket to Tesla’s vast Supercharger web across the US, Canada, and Mexico. From 2025 onward, every fresh-off-the-lot Jaguar in the region will seamlessly meld with the North American Charging Standard (NACS), ditching the adapter fuss.
The NACS Revolution
- The ripple effect of NACS has been unstoppable in recent months.
- Following Ford and GM’s embrace of Tesla’s refreshed NACS connector, a flurry of automakers are now racing to strike deals with Tesla.
- Jaguar now stands shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Ford, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, GM, Volvo, Polestar, and Rivian, all championing the NACS cause in North America.
Related News and Insights
- Jaguar Embraces Tesla’s NACS Connector: In a recent update, Jaguar announced its decision to adopt Tesla’s NACS connector, further solidifying its commitment to the electric vehicle revolution. This move ensures that Jaguar EVs will be compatible with over 12,000 Tesla Supercharger stations across North America.
- Jaguar’s Commitment to Net Zero Carbon Emissions: Mark Camilleri, Director of Electrification Services at Jaguar, emphasized the company’s dedication to achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2039. This partnership with Tesla is a significant step towards that goal.
- Tesla’s Expanding Partnerships: Apart from Jaguar, several other automakers, including Mercedes, Rivian, GM, Polestar, Volvo, Nissan, and Fisker, have announced collaborations with Tesla. These partnerships focus on adopting the NACS charging connector and accessing the Supercharger network.
“Tesla’s global charging grid, known for its speed, trustworthiness, and ease, has us thrilled to collaborate and offer our Jaguar family this luxury.” – Jaguar Statement
The future of electric vehicles looks brighter than ever, with major automakers like Jaguar taking significant steps to enhance the EV charging experience for their customers. This partnership with Tesla is a testament to the growing importance of sustainable and efficient transportation solutions.
References and Facts
- Jaguar has signed an agreement with Tesla to provide access to over 12,000 Superchargers for its current and future customers using the North American Charging Standard (NACS) without the need for an adapter45.
- All new Jaguars sold in the North American region from 2025 will have full integration of NACS without the need for an adapter15.
- Jaguar will also source adapters from Tesla and support the supply of these to I-PACE drivers, once available1.
- Mark Camilleri, director of electrification services at JLR, commented: “Tesla has created a charging network across the globe that delivers fast, reliable and convenient charging, and we are delighted to be working with them to provide access for Jaguar clients”1.
- Jaguar is the latest carmaker to gain access to the Tesla Supercharger network, which will be accessible to customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico2.
- Jaguar vehicles will have access to Tesla Supercharger stations, and next-generation EVs set to launch in 2025 will have the NACS port6.