In an electrifying move set to spark joy among eco-conscious travelers, Choice Hotels announces its nationwide rollout of universal electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. This pioneering initiative, in partnership with Tesla, aims to install Universal Wall Connectors across its U.S. locations, making road trips more convenient for EV drivers. Here’s how this groundbreaking development is driving the future of sustainable travel.
A Charged-Up Hospitality Experience
Expanding Guest Amenities with Tesla Wall Chargers
In the landscape of American hospitality, few names ring as prominently as Radisson, Cambria, and Comfort. These Choice Hotel brands are amplifying their guest services by integrating at least four Tesla Wall Chargers each. This upgrade not only enhances convenience but also positions these hotels as prime destinations for the growing EV community.
How to Find EV-Friendly Choice Hotels
Travelers looking to plug in will find it easier than ever. EV-friendly Choice properties are identifiable via:
- The Choice Hotels mobile app
- The company’s official website
The Tech Behind the Charge
The Tesla Universal Wall Connector, retailing for $595, is a game-changer, featuring:
- North American Charging Standard (NACS) plug
- J1772 adapter, conveniently stored within the unit
This setup is designed to service a broad spectrum of EVs in the U.S., promising up to 44 miles of range per hour when connected to a robust 240-volt, 48-amp circuit.
Choice Hotels’ Electrifying Strategy
A Network of Charging Stations
- 41% of Cambria hotels are already equipped with EV charging stations.
- By end of 2024, all Cambria hotels aim to have at least one charging station, signaling a significant leap towards universal EV accessibility within the Choice Hotels network.
A Forward-Thinking Partnership
“This agreement with Tesla allows our brands to further stand out by increasing access to EV charging for guests and potentially drive incremental topline revenue for hotel owners,” says Dominic Dragisich, Chief Global Brand Officer for Choice Hotels International.
This collaboration underscores Choice Hotels’ commitment to innovation, sustainability, and guest satisfaction.
The Bigger Picture
Choice Hotels International, with over 7,500 hotels and 630,000 rooms in 46 countries, sets a new standard in hospitality. This move places Choice alongside other industry giants like Marriott and Hilton, who are also investing in EV charging solutions.
Related News and Information
- Sustainable Travel Trends: How the hospitality industry is adapting to eco-conscious consumer demands.
- Tesla’s Expansion Strategy: Explore how Tesla’s partnerships are charging up the future of travel.
- Eco-Friendly Road Trips: Tips and tricks for planning your next green getaway.
References and Facts
- Choice Hotels across the U.S. are installing universal chargers for EV drivers, with 41% of Cambria hotels already offering EV charging, and all expected to be equipped with at least one charging station by the end of 2024. Participating hotels, including Radisson, Cambria, Comfort, and Country Inn & Suites, will install at least four Tesla Universal Wall Connectors at their properties starting this year1.
- Marriott International has partnered with EV Connect to deploy EV chargers at up to 6,000 qualifying locations throughout the United States and Canada. The upcoming chargers will be visible on the EV Connect app, allowing hotel customers to locate and pay for EV charging2.
- LNG Electric has announced plans to launch EV charging stations at over 13,000 hotels in the U.S. and install units in more than 40 multifamily community areas. The company’s end goal is to become one of the top three owners and operators of electric car charging4.