In a significant development for the electric vehicle (EV) industry, Detroit Manufacturing Systems (DMS) and InductEV have announced a groundbreaking partnership. This collaboration is poised to redefine the standards of wireless EV charging, marking a pivotal moment in the journey towards a more sustainable and efficient electric mobility future.
The Synergy of Expertise and Innovation
DMS, renowned for its precision in manufacturing and assembly, is joining forces with InductEV, a pioneer in the realm of wireless EV charging technology. This alliance aims to merge DMS’s robust manufacturing capabilities with InductEV’s innovative charging solutions.
Key Points of the Collaboration:
- Production of Advanced Charging Hardware: DMS will produce InductEV’s sophisticated hardware, including in-ground and under-vehicle inductive charging pads.
- Supply Chain Mastery: DMS will also oversee InductEV’s supply chain and procurement, ensuring efficiency and scalability.
- Aiming for a Production Boom: The partnership is gearing up for a 100-fold increase in production volume to meet the burgeoning demand.
The Impact on the EV Industry
“Wireless charging technology is not just about adding convenience. It’s a transformative approach that can significantly reduce the size of EV batteries, lower vehicle costs, and extend battery life,” says a recent Charged magazine article.
InductEV’s patented technology, already in deployment across North America and Europe, stands at the forefront of this transformation.
DMS: A Proven Industry Player
Notably, Detroit Manufacturing Systems is not a novice in the EV landscape. The company is currently handling the manufacturing of the Ford F-150 Lightning, an iconic electric pickup.
The Visionaries Behind the Wheel
Barry Libert, Chairman and CEO of InductEV, expressed his enthusiasm:
“We are thrilled to partner with a manufacturing powerhouse like DMS. Their stringent standards and operational efficiency, combined with our cutting-edge engineering, will undoubtedly cater to the escalating demand for wireless charging solutions in various sectors.”
In conclusion, this partnership between Detroit Manufacturing Systems and InductEV is more than just a business collaboration; it’s a step towards a greener, more efficient future in electric mobility. Stay tuned as we continue to bring you the latest updates and in-depth analyses of this electrifying sector.
References and Facts
- Charged EVs Magazine’s in-depth coverage of electric vehicle technologies, including DC-DC converters, regenerative braking, high-voltage EV battery packs, current sensors, rare earth permanent magnets, and AC charging losses1.
- InductEV’s focus on high-powered wireless charging for transit and commercial vehicles, contributing to the advancement of electric vehicle fleets2.
- LeeBoy’s collaboration with Portable Electric to electrify the paving industry, utilizing Voltstack mobile electric equipment chargers to provide on-site power solutions at construction job sites3.